Interpretive Naturalists live and work on the heights of the White Mountains, providing free programs for hikers visiting any AMC 'high hut'. Here are their observations, straight from the field:
*Blue Beaded Lilies are in full fruit with clusters of metallic blue berries seen along the trailsides at most elevations.
* Spring peepers can still be heard at Lakes of the Clouds – elevation 5025’.
* Birds are quieting down during nesting.
* Bunchberry is in fruit with its clusters of small red berries.
* Blueberries are ripening on sunny ledges in the valley.
* Dragonflies are emerging along the Zealand Valley. Many species found at the beaver ponds.
* Indian Pipes are in bloom along Elephants Head trail.* Coneflowers can be seen in the wildflower field on Rt 302.